Pageviews past week

Search This Blog

Monday, December 2, 2013

Showgirls 2: Penny's from Heaven

Release Date: September 17, 2013
Directed by: Rene Riffel 
145 Minutes
Comedy/Drama/Thriller








It's Sin city and stripper, Penny Slot daily watches a well televised dance show and dreams of being their featured star dancer. Problem is she can't dance. She can only twirl the  pole and give seedy lap dances at the clubs. If I had to hear her say "I'm not a whore, I'm a dancer" one more time I think I would of screamed.







Things that were meant to be funny just weren't, Rene's horrible acting puts the film at risk from
the get go- she just does not deliver. The dumb blond act isn't even convincing- she just tries to hard. You can tell they paid a pretty penny with filming- that's about the only thing impressive for this first time director. 






Your banging everyone and their brother while getting paid, what does that make you a Princess? I did like Shelley Michelle's character Katya with her nutty antics and bipolar personality- plus she was super hot. Her throwing a fit with the make up remover on the mirror was pretty convincing. I'm sorry but having nice tits and a hot body doesn't necessarily mean the film is going to succeed.






It might how ever possibly among the few teenage boys out there that actually earn a paycheck but that's about it. The sales in socks and Vaseline intensive care might rise some but the praise for this film likely will not. It would of had some potential if the lead was played by someone else. Worst two hours of my life I have spent in a long time. 









No comments:

Post a Comment