Pageviews past week

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Slasher


I received German director Frank W. Montag's film titled Slasher as a screener and it wasn't that bad, it was sort of entertaining. It's a flick that will make you go "Man, I really do miss all of those old school slashers!" You might even start going thru your massive DVD collection with a vengeance so you can break them all out and watch all the blood flow once again!

Here a group of friends decide to take a break from school and head into the back woods of Germany and go camping. On the way out they run into a family of inbreds that live in a cottage. Now they were creepy! Around the campfire one guy tells a scary story while hoping to freak everyone out and with some help it works. Too bad in a few moments that safe scare is going to turn into terrifying reality.

To be completely honest the film wasn't as good as I hoped it would be, but it's watchable. There wasn't
a lot shown which could be disappointing to all the hardcore slasher fans but if your a novice just starting out on horror, this is up your alley for sure. It'll break you in and get you ready for the next step up which would be more in depth killing and more scares.

I will be honest and say I was hoping for more than I got out of watching this. I mean it isn't as bad as someone running their jagged fingernails slowly across a chalk board it was more like a nagging feeling
of what could of been. I think it could of been a lot more visual with the killing since that is what scares most people.

No comments:

Post a Comment