Pageviews past week

Search This Blog

Monday, February 24, 2014

Clockwork Spells and Magical Bells Edited by Herika R. Raymer

ISBN: 978-1-937035-10-5
Publish date: 2012
Copyright 2011


 



I will be completely honest and admit that I have never indulged in any sort of books or stories
in the Steampunk Category and when I was contacted I was a tad about reading it- I asked will
I understand it? Alexander laughed and explained to me that it's like we never advanced past the Victorian era and everything is ran on steam. It can branch off into any catergory like horror, comedy, drama, suspense, but mainly they are of murder and mystery. So off I was placing
my very hesitant feet into the calm quirky water of the book Clockwork Spells and Magical Bells.



The stories in the book all had the theme of writing the tales with magic vs. machine. I read of dwarves, elves, gnomes, wizards and pixies. Little machines with tiny gadgets and many functions that could do marvelous things. I did not expect to like it much but it was actually pretty cool to read something different for change. You also really can't predict endings in things you are not familiar with so that was a total plus. My point is, you don't always need to snatch a book of a shelf just because of a familiar author- there are so many talented writers out there just waiting to be discovered!



https://www.facebook.com/ClockworkSpellsMagicalBells


No comments:

Post a Comment